Benefits of school awnings
Exposure to UV radiation at a young age has been shown to be a major risk factor for developing skin cancer as an adult. As such, providing ways for students to keep out of the harsh Australian sun – like awnings and covered play areas – are critical to protecting their long-term health.
In addition to providing sun protection, school awnings can also:
- Improve awareness of the need to be sun safe.
- Provide shelter from inclement weather, like rain and hail.
- Increase your playground’s useable space, particularly in inclement weather.
- Help define different areas of the playground.
- Create additional assembly/meeting spaces.
- Generally make it safer for students to play outside.
- Reduce heat transference into classrooms and other buildings.
Why choose Stylemaster Patios?
Since undertaking our first project in 2006, Stylemaster has completed almost 200 school structures. We work throughout the Sydney Metro, Central Coast, and NSW South Coast area, and have worked with a variety of schools to improve the safety of their students.
Our dedicated school projects team uses only the highest quality materials – including Australian Bluescope Steel – meaning our structures are safe and meet Department of Education standards and guidelines. They’re also extremely low maintenance, do not require painting, and are fire-resistant and termite-proof.
We supply one of the largest ranges of awning options and can work with you to come up with a solution that suits your budget and space. All our products are designed with safety and functionality in mind and can be tailored to your school’s specific needs.